Make You Banana Pancakes
Can’t you see that it’s just raining?
There ain’t no need to go outside.
Waking up too early, maybe we could sleep.
pretend like it’s the weekend now.
Greek Yogurt Banana Pancakes
(adapted from this recipe)
- 4 oz. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3.5 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- 1 small banana, sliced
- Put yogurt in a bowl and stir in all dry ingredients until just barely combined.
- Whisk egg and vanilla in a separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Gently fold in banana slices.
- Head griddle or pan over medium high heat and scoop batter out in 1/4 C. servings.
- When bubbles start to appear on the surface of the cakes, flip and cook until brown.
- Top with desired toppings (syrup, peanut butter, fruit) and enjoy!