This recipe has no baked goods, no recipes, no new workouts, no pictures even (yes, I feel weird dowloading food pictures onto my grandma’s computer. Wouldn’t you?)
What this post DOES have is some random musings I’ve had today. Just as good as S’mores Bars, right? Right! So let’s go:
- When your biggest decision of the day is whether to sit out by the pool or the beach, you can chalk that up as a good day.
- The novel Game of Thrones is just as good as the show. I’m so glad I watched the first season so I could be inspired to pick up the book. I’m already looking forward to devouring the entire series.
- Working out is way more fun when you have an entire (albeit, smaller) gym to yourself. With free reign of the TV! (Real Housewives of NYC reruns = the best running entertainment ever).
- Vacation moderation is important. So is eating ice cream/frozen yogurt for dessert every night.
- Speaking of frozen yogurt, Florida has WAY better yogurt shops than Maryland. Cake batter? Red velvet? Cheesecake pieces and Godiva syrups for toppings? C’mon, Maryland. Catch the hell up.
- I cannot sit out in the sun for even half the time that I used to. Not only do I burn, but I feel drowsy and sick after awhile. Sure it’s July in Florida, so that might have something to do with it, but I could only sit in the sun for under two hours today before retreating to the shade. Much better! (And probably much better for me).
- I belong at the beach. It’s in my blood. Being here, steps away from the ocean, makes me miss Rhode Island something fierce.
- I brought my Jillian Michaels DVD with me on my vacation. I’m planning on completing the workout at least twice before I leave. All signs point to me being a masochist.
- I only have one bathing suit. Yes, it took me until this vacation to realize this. I’m also totally ok with it.
- I prefer a 95 degree day with suffocating humidity over a 25 degree day with snow any day of the week. No contest. My hair, on the other hand, is not so keen.
Where’s your favorite place to vacation?
I’m a huge fan of any place warm, where my biggest responsibility is eventually going swimming ; )
PS–Reader’s request post coming soon on eating healthy while traveling. Any other travel requests out there? I’m more than happy to oblige!