Vacation Observations Part Deux
Well, hello long-lost friends! I’m writing to you from the Palm Beach Int’l airport, awaiting my plane back to MD. Free airport WiFi = a smart idea. Well done, PBI!
Since I’m twiddling my thumbs, I thought I’d share some random musings with you all. I promise I have better stuff to share with you when I touch down at home later today!
- As much as I complain about Jillian Michaels, the woman knows what she’s doing. After not doing her workout for a few weeks, I am REALLY feeling the burn right now. Go on and boost my metabolism, Jillian. Just do it in small doses, mmmkay?
- I never realized how much my eating habits have changed over the past year or so until I go on vacation. For the past few months, I have been eating meat maybe once a week; on vacation I’ve been eating it at least once a day (chicken and turkey mostly). I hadn’t even stopped eating meat consciously; it was just something that I stopped buying or craving. Weird?
- I’m excited to get back in my kitchen and bake something. I’m ignoring the fact that it’s currently 104 degrees in Maryland.
- PBI has free WiFi, but what they don’t have is a good food selection. I forgot my sandwich at my grandparents’ house, and could only find NINE DOLLAR turkey sandwiches in the terminal. I’m settling for a granola bar in the bottom of my purse and a banana that I just bought for $1.50. Ah, price jacking. You’ll never get old.
- My Google reader was the most overloaded it’s ever been this morning. I never realized how many blog posts I read each day until I go a few days without reading them. Yowza!
- It occurred to me this morning that I’ll be flying six times in a matter of three weeks. Hey, gotta make the most of that summer break, right?
- I have done absolutely nothing for the past two days except read my book, nap, and eat. Generally, this would leave me bored, but I have been in heaven. Guess I really needed a vacation.
See you from Maryland, kids! I have some good stuff coming your way ; )
Anybody else been on vacation lately? Are you an “active” vacationer, or are you like me (ie. would much prefer sitting by the pool with a book for the entire day?)