Better Than A Barista
Besides ice cream, iced coffee is my favorite summer “treat.” I’m one of those crazy people who looks forward to the first warm spring day not only because it signals the end of winter, but because it means iced coffee season has begun.
I don’t treat myself to iced coffees that often (maybe once a week at most) because I hate paying $2 a pop when I know I can make it for a fraction of the price at home. (Kind of like when Tommy Lee announced on that episode of MTV Cribs that he had installed a Starbucks in his house…except the exact opposite).
The only thing that’s been stopping me from making my own iced coffee is the lack of a pitcher to store it in. (Lame). So on a trip to Target the other day, I picked up this beauty for under $5
and immediately got to making a batch of homemade iced coffee. It could not have been easier:
- Brew 5 tbsp coffee with 10 cups water.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before pouring in pitcher.
- Place pitcher of coffee in fridge.
- Once fully chilled, pour a tall glass of coffee and mix with ice, skim milk, and stevia.
- Demolish said glass of coffee in less than five minutes.
Simple, cheap, delicious. And I didn’t even need to shell out the money for my own barista! Why have I not been doing this all along?
Anybody else an iced coffee junkie like me? Do you make it yourself or shell out the cash?