No new food tonight, friends.
And so I leave you with a list of my latest “whoops” moments, for no other reason than I’m often clumsy and forgetful, and I thought you might get a kick out of ’em.
In no particular order:
- On Sunday morning, I got to the gym bright and early. I hopped on a treadmill, started stretching, looked down at my feet…and realized I had worn two completely different shoes. Like, shoes that were not even close to looking similar. I actually considered going home before even working out, but I decided that I didn’t care (that much) about what other people would think. I ran a hard and fast three miles—probably my best run in weeks, if not months. Go figure.
- I walked into my dishwasher. I now have a bruise the size of a silver dollar on my calf. Hot.
- You know you rarely dress up for work when, the day you wear a new pencil skirt and heels, you lose track of how many comments you get about your outfit (many of them asking you “what the occasion!” is).
- I got corrected on my form by a creepy old man at the gym yesterday. I’m pretty sure what he was telling me to do was wrong, so I just smiled and nodded and walked away.
- I forgot part of my lunch (a whole wheat tortilla) at home today, so I made up for it by eating a cookie. Yup. That trade absolutely made sense in my head.
- You know how Facebook lets you look back on your status from this day last year, or the year before? Apparently my status a year ago today was me #nothumblebragging about my hardcore five mile hill training run. It’s embarrassing to admit how long it’s been since I’ve run five miles. Running and I have not been friends lately.
- I sent Nick off with about 3/4 of my batch of Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies. While I’m sure this earned me a bunch of good girlfriend karma points, I kind of wished I had saved more for myself!
- I forgot to buy a Living Social deal for five yoga or Zumba classes that I wanted. Upside: I discovered that this gym has walk-in spinning classes! Finally.
- I went on Pinterest for the first time in several days last night. Then, after over an hour spent browsing, I realized that it was probably best that I had given myself a Pinterest break. The site is like crack.
- Speaking of crack, have you seen these brownies? Perhaps my biggest “whoops” this week is not having Fluff or Rice Krispies on hand to make them.
What was your biggest “whoops” so far this week?
I know it’s only Tuesday, but I can’t be the only one who’s already had a few!