A Successful Sunday
Grad school starts up again tomorrow, which essentially means this is my last weekend free of paper writing and article reading (at least until winter break). I also miraculously didn’t have to take home any papers to grade this weekend. That being said, I made sure to take FULL advantage of my free time these last two days.
I present to you my formula for a successful, lazy Sunday:
- Wake up naturally. Lay in bed and catch up on your book.
- Meet a good friend for brunch. Order an egg, cheese, and prosciutto on a croissant because it sounds fantastic.
(Because, really, how can you go wrong with egg, cheese, and prosciutto on a croissant? Let’s be real. You can’t).
- Go for a low-key, no pressure run (sans Garmin, plus a brand-spankin’ new playlist).
- Enjoy the fact that it is 65 degrees and breezy (absolute perfect running weather).
- Play this song over and over again while you run. Sing out loud.
- Come home after your run, feeling like this:
(Ok. I felt a little bit like this, too):
- Contemplate finishing your workout with some free weights, or even a Jillian Michaels DVD. Dance around your living room for fifteen minutes instead.
- Bake some sweet potato fries—partly to have them on hand for dinner tomorrow, partly because they make your apartment smell like heaven.
- Skype someone you love. Marvel at how brilliant Skype is.
- Watch Mad Men. Marvel at how brilliant Don Draper is.
- Accept Dad’s invitation to make you dinner, especially when dinner is pizza.
- Get back in bed, watch more Mad Men, read more of your book, and prepare yourself for a week of craziness.
What equals a successful Sunday in your world?