It’s snowing here in Maryland.
(The scene at my friend Kristine’s house today. For real).
Might I remind you that it’s not quite November yet?
And that I am in Maryland and not, say, Vermont?
But in my effort to stay positive, I wanted to focus on the upside of such crap winter weather smack dab in the middle of fall.
For example, snow, sleet, and rain are the perfect excuses to:
- get in my sweatpants. (Ok, they’re Nick’s sweatpants, but who’s keeping track?)
- drink Sleepytime tea and hot chocolate.
- burn my favorite candle.
(Now it smells like Christmas in my apartment, not Halloween).
- eat leftover chili cornbread casserole.
- bake an apple crisp (recipe to come).
- watch movies, read my favorite magazines, and catch up on my book.
- hang out with this guy:
Ok Mother Nature. You win this time.
But let’s not make a habit of this, k?
Was it snowing where you were today? How did you make the most of it?