The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
January 31, 2012
- My training run on Saturday. In short, it kicked ass. I ran double digits for the first time in over a year, and for the first time ever (!) I didn’t hit a mental wall at ANY point during the 1 hour and 43 minutes. I felt loose, strong, confident, and comfortable. It was absolutely fantastic.
- The weather. Today reached a high of 65 degrees. I ran outside in a tee shirt and was warm. Glorious!
- This sauce from Trader Joe’s. I had it mixed into a stir fry of chicken, vegetables, and brown rice for dinner tonight. It’s nice and spicy, really flavorful, but not overpowering.
- Jenna Marbles. Have you watched this girl’s videos? I am embarrassed to admit how hard I laugh when I watch them. I was extra embarrassed when I found out that several of my students love her videos. They are so vulgar and so not appropriate for middle schoolers—I know I should be appalled that they’re watching them, but I couldn’t help but laugh even harder when I found out. Teacher of the Year?
- Kali’s Court in Baltimore’s Fell’s Point neighborhood. A few of my girlfriends and I went for dinner on Friday night to celebrate Baltimore’s restaurant week. This is the fifth or six restaurant week I’ve taken advantage of, and this was probably one of my top two favorite experiences. The homemade baklava tasted like a piece of heaven.
- Restaurant week in general. $30 for three courses at one of the best restaurants in B-More? Um. Yes, please.
- Glee’s Michael Jackson episode. So maybe I’ve been looking forward to this for three weeks. Don’t judge me.
- Prosciutto. It’s probably the number 1 reason I could never become a vegetarian. I made a prosciutto, mozzarella, and spinach pizza on whole wheat dough on Sunday night. I have no words for how good it tasted.
- The Chobani Facebook giveaway. On a total whim, I entered to win three cases of their three new flavors. Apparently I won? I’m pretty sure it’s not a hoax, so we’ll see if three glorious cases of Greek yogurt show up on my doorstep in two weeks! This is exciting mainly because the only thing I’ve ever won was a five pound candy bar back in elementary school. That sounds awesome, but it had almonds in it—and at the time, I didn’t eat nuts. Lame.
- My five-mile training run today. In short, it sucked. My quads were tight, I was tired, and the entire thing felt like torture from start to finish. I had to take several walking breaks (especially up hills) and got very frustrated with myself by mile two. The only thing that kept me going was the beautiful weather; I convinced myself that it was at least nice to be outside and enjoying the random January heat wave!
- A whole bunch of frustrating work stuff. I won’t get into it here, but today was only Tuesday and it left me exhausted and drained. I hate weeks that start like that, but I’m trying to get over it.
- My feet. I know I already mentioned it, but my feet are disgusting, and they are progressively getting worse. I would post a picture if I wasn’t afraid of making you all vomit. Let’s just say the blisters are getting worse (like, a lot worse), and toenails are falling off. I see a pedicure in my future (the minute I cross the finish line of this race, perhaps?)
Your turn: Good? Bad? Ugly?