On a normal Saturday, my post-long run recovery looks a little something like this:
- Shower and dress.
- Clean/run errands/do work/be productive in some way-shape-or form.
Today, after my last long run before the big race (which was FREAKING PHENOMENAL BTW), my post-long run recovery looked more like this:
- Lamely stretch for about a minute and a half.
- Put on bathrobe and sweat pants.
- Eat (gigantic green smoothie and salt and pepper chips. Recovery meal of champions) and hydrate.
- Crawl back in bed and fall asleep for 45 minutes.
- Get woken up by Nick and assure him I’m awake.
- Promptly fall back to sleep for another 15 minutes.
- Drink large cup of coffee. Read blogs. Browse Pinterest. Successfully ignore any and all work I planned to get done today.
- Bake Gracie’s Double Chocolate Brownie Bread (subbing oat flour for white and semi sweet chips for white). Count that (and doing laundry) as my productivity points of the day.
My usual recovery routine isn’t so bad, but today’s was so much more delicious.