January 24, 2012
- Woke up and promptly checked to see if we had a two hour delay—even though I knew the temps were going to be in the fifties. Yes, I do this almost every morning in January, February, and March.
- Resented the lack of a delay for a hot second, and then thanked Mother Nature for yet another fifty-five degree January day. Mildest winter I’ve ever experienced = not a bad thing.
- (Jokingly) referred to my first period class as “fools,” and was promptly reminded by one of my students that we, as a school, are observing “No Name Calling Week.” Teacher of the Year, FTW!
- Vowed never, ever to allow my children to buy a school lunch. Not only do they serve something at my school called “Spaghetti Tacos” (Yup. Spaghetti in a taco shell), but apparently some of the milks they served at lunch today were tainted with bleach? No. Absolutely not. Sorry future children. Packed lunches for you, from K-12.
- Realized that my feet look far worse now than they ever did when I danced. And my feet were gross when I danced. Blisters, cuts, and half-missing toe nails are not cute, but they do prove that I’m sticking with my training plan…right?
- Ran five speedy miles and marveled at how quickly my endurance returns when I’m training for a race. Two months ago, running three miles made me want to die. I maxed out at running 6-8 miles a week. Now five miles is my “light mid-week” distance, and I’m logging 23-26 miles a week. I feel like a freaking rockstar, and I’m not afraid to admit it.
- Stopped at Giant to buy tortillas and walked out with tortillas…and this ridiculous impulse buy:
- And by ridiculous, I mean ridiculously TASTY.
- Made a ten minute stir fry for dinner with chicken tenders, steam-in-a-bag veggies and brown rice, and stir fry sauce. Why have I never made steam-in-a-bag brown rice before? Brilliant.
- May or may not have cried during the wedding on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. No need to tell me how pathetic this is; I am completely aware.
- Avoided grading papers by writing this blog post. Success!
Go ahead, friends. Fill in the blank: Today I _____________.
*Inspired by the always inspiring Holly.